Tea

scan-33

Advertisements

17 thoughts on “Tea

• writingbolt says:

You gotta remember how the Reply button works. 🙂 Or, is it another site glitch?

What were you not happy with/sure about with this one?

I can’t say my silhouettes are all that impressive without the cover they inhabit. But, maybe I could whip something up to showcase them (otherwise). [Or, I could email you a sample.] They are similar to my GI Joe silhouettes.

1. Laura (PA Pict) says:

Nice composition. I can’t decide whether the figure is experiencing a feeling of ennui or annoyance but I rather like that I can’t quite interpret her expression. Any anything involving tea is always a winner in my book.

Liked by 1 person

• writingbolt says:

Could it be she is sad for having tea alone? Or, is she waiting for the other(s) to arrive? Perhaps she is merely basking in the morning sun as she takes her tea alone, as usual, and simply coming into awareness of the time and warmth of day.

I think many of the “doodles” in this lot are more contemplative than sad. Sometimes, the artist portrays him/her self in thought versus mood. If we are furiously trying to complete a self-portrait (or any piece), that anger could appear in our drawn face. The same goes for disappointment, doubt, etc. But, it is also possible some more subconscious feeling could appear on the page.

Liked by 1 person

• Brian Balke says:

Be at peace, paper Pad-awan. There is no “try.” There is only curve, and curve-not. Close your eyes, reach out with your senses and let the force guide your ink-saber!

And that reminds me. I used to scribble in high school. I would close my eyes, make random lines on the page, and then figure out what I could create in them. Wow. That was a precious freedom.

Liked by 1 person

• writingbolt says:

Paper Pad-awan. Nice. 😛 hehe

You gave yourself doodle challenges? That was something my family did when I was little, one of the few moments we actually shared drawing skills (or lack thereof). Those times sure disappeared fast.

Liked by 2 people

• Brian Balke says:

Argh! The ghost of my punning father is haunting me! What I should have said is:

Be at peace, paper Pad-awan! In punning, there is no “try.” There is only do-duel, or do-duel not. Close your eyes, reach out with your non-senses, and let the farce guide your ink-saber!

Liked by 1 person

• writingbolt says:

Brian, he is your fah-ther… (breathing noises) [I’m dry on puns for once. The tank is empty.]

There’s punny, and then there’s straight up square/nerdy. 🙂 Crossed the line you have. Thought leads to pun. Pun leads to stand-up. Stand-up leads to resume burner.

Comedy is a phantom menace. Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don’t. 😛

Liked by 2 people