Tonglen

scan

Advertisements

24 thoughts on “Tonglen

• PMu says:

No sauna or yoga just meditation and mindfulness. It was mostly silent, wasn’t too recently although am still process some of the practices

• writingbolt says:

But, where was this retreat? And, was it your decision to attend or some employee/class thing?

So, you’re telling me these drawings were scheduled months ago to appear today. Talk about a long production line. The conveyor belt starts in Alaska and ends in Tibet.

Liked by 1 person

• PMu says:

It was organised through work but not compulsory, and we paid ourselves. It was in Arundel. Not sure where you’re from but in case your not UK based its a small town in Sussex. This one was from a few months ago, I wasn’t sure whether or not to post it as felt a bit more personal. The four elements one was from a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit larger than normal so took slightly longer to finish. But yeah meant that I had two today so bonus post. I do try to have a short run scheduled ahead of me so that if work picks up or I get commissions too I get a few days grace to get back on top of myself.

• writingbolt says:

Paid yourselves? Er-wha?

Arundel? Sounds like some elf kingdom from Lord of the Rings. What ho! It will be a long journey to the foothills of Arundel. We shall need horses and plenty of supplies before we go.

I suspect even the personal ones are released into this world as a form of fighting the inhibition demons. But, if you do ever create anything you feel is private or intimate, you might consider a private place to put them…but where would that be? And, who would ever see them?…what purpose would they serve?…would you burn them later so no one but you saw them?

That’s gotta be challenging, getting on top of oneself…hmm. I wonder how that works. πŸ™‚

Liked by 1 person

• PMu says:

Yeah so we signed ourselves up and got time off work to go but we had to cover costs ourselves, because it was something we wanted. It just so happens that my organisation is really into mindfulness and have twice daily practice you can attend. It’s pretty great.
        The country side looks like something out of LotR, but more shire than woodland. There is a river and lots of rolling greenery. It’s all terribly English.

• writingbolt says:

Oh, you paid your own way, though you had time off work….THAT’S A STUPID WORK PERK! You’re missing out on work pay AND paying your own way? Or, is that considered paid vacation time?

What sort of costs were accrued?

[Ya know, we could probably discuss most of this in emails. πŸ™‚ ]

So, more hobbits than elves? πŸ˜›

Why terribly English? It might be a nice change of pace to those who don’t get to see such things…or not much different from what others have.

Liked by 1 person

• writingbolt says:

I’ve never been to the Penny Knees nor the Nickel Knees or the Quarter Hills.

I might see rolling hills, but I can’t recall the last time I used the term. I see more trees, buildings and beat-up grass where I roam.

• PMu says:

Very rarely, not that I don’t like colour, but I find it hard to get the right depth. They also tend to be a lot more time consuming so are ot the kind of drawings I can do every day.

Liked by 1 person