The internet is an amazing thing. In real life if a thousand people started following me, it would be creepy. However today Daily Doodle reached a thousand followers and instead of being creeped out, I’m really chuffed!
To celebrate I thought I would break from tradition and hit you all up with some actual words and lists and things! I have also included some of my favourite doodles, some of your favourite doodles and some pictures of doodles in the making.
Facts about 1,000:
- The first letter of the Hebrew alphabet is aleph, and one of it’s meanings is one thousand.
- In Japan, when a person is sick, there is a folk belief that if one folds a thousand cranes while wishing their recovery, the sick person will be healed.
- The ancient Egyptians depicted 1,000 as a lotus
- Between 0 and 1,000 the letter ‘A’ appears twice. Once in naught and once in a thousand.
Since the first post (July 2nd 2016) Daily Doodle has had…
- 3 different domain names (don’t worry it’s not going to change again)
- posted 290 doodles
- 15771 views from 74 countries
- 738 comments
- 7899 likes. The most popular doodle is Flamingo with 137 likes
- The first ever follower (who is still following today) is Cristian Mihai, check out his writing, it’s worth a read.
- The follower who has commented the most is Wrightingbolt.
I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.
Now it wouldn’t be a special, without a few special thanks.
- Thank you to my friend (brother form another mother and sometimes partner in crime) PMac for giving me the courage to share my doodles.
- Thanks to my lovely Grandparents who bought me my first ever proper grown up water colour set (and who continue to be such big supporters of the doodles and check the site nearly every day, yeah Gill, talking about you!).
- Thanks to my lovely mum who used sit me down at the kitchen table with a paintbrush, colour pencils and endless paper and just let me have at!
- Thanks to my dad for teaching me to draw a horse from observation.
- Thanks to my sister for playing paper people with me and giving me endless prompts on what would be cool things to draw.
And finally thanks to each and every single one of you who clicked on something that caught your interest and liked it enough to stick around. I never started drawing for others, it was just something I did to relax and would only share with my closest friends. Largely because I just didn’t think what I was doing was any good. Since starting Daily Doodle I have had such a lovely response from all of you, it has genuinely lifted me up and inspired me to draw more than ever before.
To you all I say a massive…
P.S. Mike, you were right, I didn’t quite believe it at the time, so feel free to say I told you so 🙂