Welcome back to my weekly challenge. It’s time to get your creative juices on again!
So tell me, how would you interpret this image above?
- Create a standard three line, 5/7/5 syllable count haiku
- Deadline for each submission will be on the Saturday of this week
- Up to 3 pieces permitted
- Link to this “IWH Haiku Challenge#” on your post
- Always give photo credit if there is one
- Complete entry form below
Above all else, have fun with this! 🙂
SUBMIT ENTRY HERE
Here are the links to all the submissions I received last week. Enjoy!
Thank you to all who participated! 🙂
View original post 8 more words
It’s my birthday so I am going to let someone else post for me today. This years bonus birthday post is brought to you by Paul Macauley
He made a lovely artefact called Apples, Pumpkins and Strawberries
It is full of lovely doodles and jokes, and this by far has to be my favourite:
He also has a podcast which is well worth listening to.
I am also currently in Australia with Paul and will post a longer travel blog when I am back in England, so keep an eye out for that.
So at 3,000 followers I wanted to take a deep breath and spend some time thinking of the 30 things I was grateful for in 2018. So have some love:
- I’m saw Paul Simon on 15th July
- I’m saw Britney Spears at Brighton Pride
- I have a beautiful dog
- All of you keep coming back every day
- I have hair, too much is better than none
- I have a warm bed at night, every night, for as long as I need it
- I have supportive friends, some of whom have known me my whole life
- I can read
- I can write
- I can draw
- I can sing, and when I sing in the shower it sounds amazing!
- I can play the piano
- I can knit
- I can cross stitch
- I know where my next meal is coming from
- I have an unfinished book by my bed which I am looking forward to finishing
- I have too many clothes, and still sometimes don’t know what to wear meaning I have the luxury of vanity
- I have a job that is meaningful with colleagues I respect
- Sometimes I still get ID-ed in pubs meaning someone out there thinks I look under 25
- While my vision isn’t great it can be corrected with glasses
- The mole on my optic nerve never got big enough to be problematic for my vision
- My sister makes me laugh so hard sometimes my face and heart hurt
- I have basic life skills which mean I can survive in most situations, including making my own clothes, this means I am good at stage managing and solving problems
- If I need to, I can have a warm bath to ease my back ache
- I made it to 28 without ever breaking a bone or having a major accident
- That first, quiet cup of tea in the morning on my day off
- I have the world chunkiest cat, Shelby
- I have just started a new water colour pallet and it has 46 different colours in it!
- I live in a country where me and my friends can be ourselves regardless of gender or sexuality.
What are you grateful for?